Spain is one of the best places for a calm and measured life.
An attractive and incredible climate, healthy and rich gastronomy, a variety of landscape views - from paradise beaches to gorgeous mountains - great history, high culture, rich languages, good quality of education and services, and amazing leisure make Spain one of the most sought-after countries.
Living in small and not typically popular cities sometimes has its advantages especially for those who lead a simple lifestyle - this is known as downshifting. It is the principle of "living for yourself" and "giving up other people's goals".
If you want to buy a house and are looking for various options to go to Spain to lead a quiet life and enjoy every moment, the official housing website Spain-Real.Estate offers you the opportunity to learn about several Spanish cities that offer the most measured lifestyles.
- Spanish cities with the most measured lifestyle
- Spain-Real.Estate will help you buy a property in Spain
Lleida tops the list. This city is the cheapest in Spain to live and buy an apartment in - the average price is €1027 per square meter.
According to the 2019 census, there are 12 districts and 138,956 inhabitants in Lleida.
Advantages of living in Lleida:
- Beautiful natural landscapes: Congost de Mont-Rebei, Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici, and many others.
- Delicious Mediterranean cuisine such as girella, snails, and recapte.
- Amazing cultural program with numerous museums, art exhibitions, concerts, and theater.
- Low unemployment rates compared to other cities in Spain.
If you do not like nightlife and want to live in a big but quiet city, Lleida is a good choice for you.
Castellón is the city and capital of the province of Castellón that is located north of the Valencian community.
It is known as an economical city where you can buy real estate at affordable prices. The average price per square meter is 1063 euro, making it the second in this rating.
In addition, this city has many advantages:
- Castellon is a compact city where everything is within walking distance. There is no need to have a car to move around the city.
- The city is located near the Mediterranean Sea and has one of the most beautiful places - Costa del Azahar.
- Despite luxurious places like Peñíscola and Benicássim, life in the city is cheap when buying real estate, paying for basic services, as well as for recreation and food.
- It is a seaside town with a good climate, beaches, and quiet areas.
- A large university complex attracts many students.
Castellón is divided into 8 districts and has 171,728 inhabitants.
This city is one of the cheapest to buy an apartment in Spain. It is in 3rd place with an average price per square meter of about 1,077 euro.
It has 453,258 inhabitants, making it the 7th most populous municipality in Spain. This place is ideal for those who are looking for privacy, a family atmosphere, and quiet life.
There does not seem to be any fuss and stress here - including high unemployment. This is why Murcia is sometimes called a "lifeless city" with few opportunities.
Nevertheless, there is an excellent climate, an average annual temperature of 18.6 degrees Celcius, incredible beaches, great opportunities for sports, and a cheap cost of living.
If you want to live in Andalusia but with affordable housing prices, Huelva may be your ideal option. The average price per square meter is 1104 euro. It is home to 143,663 residents who maintain a history worthy of admiration.
Advantages of living in Huelva:
- Distinctive culture and traditions.
- Streetlife is an integral element of life: women talk outside the house, children play football, friends chat in squares, an overall friendly atmosphere, and security is a given everywhere.
- A measured lifestyle.
- Pilgrimage and holidays from April to October.
- The best seafood and fresh fish in Spain.
- The nearest neighboring country is Portugal.
Teruel is a municipality located south of Aragon with a population of about 36,000 people. Its rural charm and unhurried but vibrant life make the quality of life here high.
The average price per square meter when buying an apartment is 1,108 euro. In Teruel, housing and the cost of living are affordable for buyers.
Compared to Barcelona or Madrid, prices here are much cheaper (taxes, transportation costs, shopping, or leisure) which has its advantages.
Advantages of living in Teruel:
- Buying a property can be a good investment.
- The list of the most beautiful cities in Spain includes many provinces of the city.
- Two major cities, Valencia and Zaragoza, are close to the city.
- It is a charming place thanks to student life, events, and parties.
- Beautiful architecture.
- This city attracts tourists.
Ávila is a city with a great historical and architectural heritage and is of importance in the old kingdom of Castile where tradition and modernity coexist today. It is one of the highest quality cities in all of Spain and one of the cheapest to buy real estate. The average price per square meter is about €1,130. 57,744 residents live in this city.
According to research and data by the Confidential newspaper, the number of houses in Ávila increased by 21% while the population decreased by 5%. This situation has led to a large number of housing offers, a decrease in demand, and a decrease in cost.
Currently, there are apartments of about 80 square meters in Ávila for about €90,000 - about 36% less than in other cities and provinces.
It is a small town with limited job offers and services. But if you take into account the prices and other advantages such as the environment, proximity to Madrid or Castilla-La Mancha, rich cuisine, and high quality of life, the advantages are highly tempting for just about anyone.
If we had to choose a place to stay in Castilla-La Mancha, many of us would choose the royal city of Ciudad Real. Among other advantages, it is considered one of the cheapest cities to buy an apartment in Spain. In the homeland of Don Quixote, the average price per square meter is about €1,131.
Advantages of living in Ciudad Real:
- Located close to Andalusia, Madrid, and Valencia.
- High quality of life.
- A favorable climate is also one of the advantages of the city.
- The lowest rent in Spain.
There is a high unemployment rate here. If you work remotely, living in the royal city will be the best option for you.
Cáceres is a city with historical and cultural heritage.
Spain's largest municipality with an area of 1,750.33 square kilometers and a population of 96,126 inhabitants in 5 districts is one of Spaniards’ favorite cities.
One of the main advantages of living in Cáceres is the affordable prices when buying a home (the average price per square meter is about €1,136).
The city has an incredible climate, a lower-than-average cost of living compared to the rest of Spain, and high-quality services such as education and healthcare, excellent cuisine, and good-natured Iberians.
The only drawback is the lack of jobs.
Cuenca is the capital of the province of Castilla-La Mancha. It is another one of the cheapest cities to buy an apartment in Spain. The average price per square meter is €1,146.
Cuenca has a population of about 56,000 people. It is located in the center of Spain and has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1996 as a medieval city with gorges.
In recent years, the number of jobs in the city has grown significantly.
And, of course, Cuenca has amazing landscapes and rich cuisine.
If you like Andalusia but prefer a quieter city than Seville, Malaga, or Granada, Jaén may be a good choice for you.
Jaén is a small town where everything is within walking distance. Anyone can fall in love with the incredible evidence of the past like the Arab baths, old town, or olive fields.
This Andalusian city has about 113,000 inhabitants.
This city is one of the cheapest to live in Spain. The housing market is developing here and the average price per square meter is about €1,151.
Undoubtedly, the list includes major cities with attractions and housing markets available to anyone who wants to buy an apartment at affordable prices in a quiet and peaceful city.
Are you looking for affordable housing? You can find the cheapest real estate offers in Spain for a measured life on the Spain-Real.Estate website. Make your dreams come true with us.